Apartments, Condos and other rental properties are steadily becoming a more attractive option for individuals and families and renters insurance is key.
In order to protect yourself and your belongings you need your own insurance coverage.
Renters insurance includes three important types of financial protection:
Notice that the dwelling itself is not covered. As a tenant you have no insurable interest in the property, therefore you will not have to pay to cover it.
Here are a few things to consider:
- Consider replacement coverage for your personal property.
- Make sure you have enough insurance to replace all of your personal possessions.
- Renters insurance will usually cover you against losses from fire or smoke, lightning, vandalism, theft, explosion, windstorm and certain types of water damage.
- Policies do not cover floods or earthquakes
- If you own specific types of valuable items an Inland Marine Floater can be added to your policy to provide additional coverage.
- Remember to provide accurate information.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking you’re invincible.
You do need insurance for your belongings, even if you live in a rental property.
Not only is obtaining renters insurance a smart financial investment, but it’s also less expensive than you may think.
While the price will vary depending on where you live and how much personal property you insure, the various cost averages we’ve seen range as little as $125 for an entire year!
Not bad when this may insure $25,000 of personal property.
You’ll also be eligible for a multi-policy discount if you combine your renters insurance with an your auto or motorcycle policy.
Here To Help Serve You
Instead of working for one big company, our family of Independent Agents represent multiple insurance providers.
This allows us to compare rates and coverages so you’ll get the best coverage-to-value policy available. We’re here to serve you.
Let us help.
Discover everything an Independent Agent can do for you.
Dove Insurance serves Virginia; including Blacksburg, Catawba, Centreville, Christiansburg, Covington, Floyd, Galax, Harrisonburg, Hopewell, Leesburg, Lynchburg, Pulaski, Radford, Richmond, Riner, Roanoke, Salem, Staunton, Waynesboro, Wytheville. We provide home insurance, auto insurance, small business insurance, umbrella insurance, commercial auto insurance, life insurance, earthquake insurance, flood insurance and liability insurance.