Motorcycle Insurance in Virginia
The state of Virginia is home to some of the most scenic roads in America. Motorcycles are a great way to tour the Christiansburg, VA area. Before you hit the road, make sure you have the right kind of motorcycle insurance.
An active insurance policy protects you, your bike, and others with several different types of coverage.
- Collision coverage pays for damage to your vehicle that results from an accident. If your motorcycle cannot be repaired, you will receive a payment equal to its value at the time of the crash.
- If you are found to be at fault for an accident, liability coverage will pay for the damage you caused to other people's property.
- Comprehensive coverage pays for damage your motorcycle sustains from non-accident related incidents.
- If your vehicle is damaged by an act of nature, theft, or is stolen, this policy will help you replace what is lost.
- Personal injury protection ensures that any medical bills resulting from an accident will be paid in full. This includes your passengers as well.
- If you are in an accident and the other driver doesn't have proper insurance coverage to pay for their liability, an uninsured/underinsured motorist policy ensures you will be compensated.
A professional insurance agent can help you decide on the right combination of policies for your needs.
Like all other motorized vehicles, motorcycles need to have active insurance coverage to be registered and operated in Virginia. These policies protect residents from the devastating financial burden of an accident. Plans must cover:
- Bodily injury
- Property damage
Penalties for operating a motor vehicle without insurance include:
- Punitive fees
- License plate deactivation or surrender
- Registration suspension
Your insurance agency must be authorized to offer motorcycle insurance in Virginia. Dove Insurance Agency offers auto insurance policies that fulfill state requirements.
Dove Insurance Agency ensures vehicles around Christiansburg, VA. Talk to one of our experts to find out more about insurance policies for your motorcycle.