Insurance for Rental Properties

Real estate is a great investment. To maximize your returns make sure you are properly covered and are receiving a competitive rate.

Whether you own a single family home, a townhouse, condo, or even a mobile home, our Family of Independent Agents can help cover your investment property.

We work with multiple carriers to help compare rates. There is no “one size fits all” approach to your policy or coverages.

  • Do you want coverage for wrongful eviction or personal injury?
  • Do you need higher liability coverages to protect your assets?
  • Are your properties insured for the correct amount of coverage?
  • Can I cover a vacant or unrented property?

Purchasing A New Rental Property?

We coordinate around your closing and keep a hands on approach to make sure everything is properly completed. Forgot having to call a company directly or waiting in line to speak with the next representative.

Let our Family of Independent Agents simplify your new property purchase.

Certificate of Insurance

If you are planning on remodeling your home, adding an extension, or having maintenance and repair work done (tree cutting, pressure washing, or paving) make sure you ask for a Certificate of Insurance from the professional you hire.

A Certificate of Insurance is as simple as it sounds—a certificate showing insurance coverages (usually for general liability and/or workers compensation) for the individual or company you are hiring.

For example, Dove Insurance Agency has a general liability policy for ABC Tree Removal. Jennifer wants to hire ABC Tree Removal to remove trees from her property and wants proof that an active insurance policy is in force in case something goes wrong. On request we will send a Certificate of Insurance made out to Jennifer showing the policy information, coverages, and effective dates for ABC Tree Removal.

It is recommended that you do not hire an individual or company if they cannot provide a Certificate of Insurance. This gives you written proof of an active insurance policy.

Auto Insurance Payment Plans

If you’re looking for an easy way to save money on your auto insurance, then consider your payment plan.

Most carriers offer a paid in full discount (up to 24% with some carriers!). By paying your policy in full for six months or one year, you “lock-in” the rate and get the advantage of your policy renewing once a year.

If paying in full is not a option, typically the next best option is EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) or sometimes called Auto Checking. For this plan you’ll need to provide your checking account and routing #. Each month your policy with automatically be deductible from your account. Depending on the available plans, you may be able choose the draft day for a convenient time each month.

You can also pay automatically each month through a debit or credit card, but these plans tend to add a few dollars in monthly installment charges when compared to EFT.

Typically the most expensive payment plan is monthly with a bill sent through the postal mail each month (paperless options are available with a discount). However, this payment plan does provide the most flexible monthly payment options. Our Family of Independent Agents can take your payment in our office or over the phone, and you always have the option to call your carrier directly.

Serving the Commonwealth of Virginia For Over 50 Years!

Working with Our Independent Agents constitutes a promise, from our family to yours. We are here to educate you on how to keep covered and secured, no matter what the future may hold.

Our family of Independent Agents will find the best package for your needs. We represent multiple insurance providers and we work for you!

No Matter Where You Live In Virginia!

We have been extremely fortunate to work throughout Virginia to build lasting partnerships with our clients.

  • Are you in the market for personal insurance like Home or Auto?
  • Looking to protect your Small Business with the right amount of insurance coverage?
  • Have questions about Life Insurance and don’t know where to start?
  • Is your family growing and you need to be prepared for what’s ahead?
  • Do you have rental property that needs proper protection?

Get your insurance questions answered by experienced, local agents. No call centers. No random employees. Simple one-on-one discussions.

Dove Insurance Agency is also a Dave Ramsey Endorsed Local Provider (ELP).

E-Signature Available!

What Level of Auto Insurance Is Required in Virginia?

Are you required to have auto insurance if you live in Virginia? Yes, just like every state, there is a mandatory state minimum for automobile insurance in Virginia.

Insurance ads are everywhere (sometimes their funny, often they are not!). But did you know that there are over 100 insurance carriers licensed in the state of Virginia!

It’s helpful to have a local Independent Agent talk over what is necessary and go over the various auto insurance options available.

State Minimums in Virginia

Virginia law says that drivers must have at least the minimum liability insurance policy. This coverage is $25,000/$50,000/$20,000 unless you are going. This read as $25,000 is the limit for what you’d have for bodily injury, $50,000 is the total limit per accident, and $20,000 is the limit for property damage.

Though this is the case for your minimum policy requirements in the state, it’s often recommended to opt for higher limits on your auto insurance policy. For example, if you are a homeowner or someone with assets to protect, the state minimum coverage is most likely not enough.

In fact, opting for higher liability limits often adds little to your policy premium. And in the event of an accident, higher limits provide more peace of mind.

Additional Types of Coverage for Automobiles

Some other kinds of insurance you might want to include the following:

  • Collision Coverage- This would take care of any expenses outside of the deductible when it comes to replacement and repair costs at the time the accident occurs.
  • Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability- This is in place for legal liability purposes for instances when another person is injured or someone else’s property is damaged.
  • Comprehensive Coverage- If there are any damages that occur that aren’t the result of an accident, such as from fire, vandalism, floods, or another type of natural disaster.
  • New Car Replacement- Available on new cars. This coverage will replace your car with a new one without depreciation. Specifics of coverage vary from carrier to carrier.

Serving the Commonwealth of Virginia For Over 50 Years!

At Dove Insurance Agency our family of Independent Agents are dedicated to serving you and working with your lifestyle. We’ll educate you on the coverage you need to keep your property and family secure, no matter what the future brings.

Instead of working for one big company, our family of Independent Agents represent multiple insurance providers. This allows us to compare rates and coverages so you’ll get the best coverage-to-value policy available.

We’re here to serve you.

E-Signature Available For Auto Policies!